Friday, September 21, 2012

Educational System and KU Leuven and Information Fair & Booths, Sept 20 2012

Today, there are two main activities were held in Leuven city. First is the Educational System at KU Leuven. Well, this session is very important for either international students as well as local students who just newly graduate high school.
      At 10:30 am this morning, the presenter started his job confidently with lots of questions at the end. Presenter gave students information about educational system in KU Leuven. Basically, the system is not far different from Pannasastra University of Cambodia (PUC). At the first week of academic year, student enjoys their freedom to choose class or professor they want and like. Student can somehow shopping class to better clearly understand the study situation. After the first was over, students are required to register courses they need to study in the first semester. Normally, students can have maximum credits of 30 ECTS per semester or maybe around five courses if each course values 6 ECTS.
      In other word, the presenter also gave us some perspective of student-professor relationship and professor-students relationship. What professor expect from students? What professor ask students to fulfill? On the other hand, What should student begin with? What should student prepare for? What are activities or event students required to do? What is oral exam, written exam?
   Totally, I could say it was very beneficial for international students as such to know all of these. I know and agree that no one want to get lower grade; we all want to get higher grade even A+. Thus I really appreciate this session. It helps a lot of things. I am now back on track I can say. At the beginning, I feel like I don't know anything about system here; how could I pass exam. Maybe I could be sent back home if I could not pass exam. I was really worry. However, I am recover now. I am a bit confident and know what should be done and where to go next.
I am so sorry for this article; I could not have much photos as I was very busy taking notes. I could only take video for you; this video mainly about activities of students association from various group, faculty, associations. I think you better take a look at it to make it clear. OK!





0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo