 |
| Anyway, I took photo for memorizaiton |
That's not only in Leuven or Belgium but all over European Union countries, local as well as international students have to find a room to rent for the whole academic year before they can activate bank account. Otherwise, city hall will not allow the annex 15 paper to register at the bank. From the day I landed on Leuven, my friends and I were very quickly sought a room to rent. From 8:00 o'clock in the morning till 5 or 6 o'clock in the evening, we were working very hard to find a room but we did not get one. Actually, the reason we could not get one is because we want a cheaper room. Unfortunately, the longer time we spent to find a room the less chance we could get a cheaper and even the one we already interested was rented by other. Thus we realized that in whatever price we do not care plus the distance, what we are working now is to find any rooms with any level of price because the longer we need to think of the most likely the others will take away. At the end, we found our own on 7th September 2012. I, privately, decided to rent a room with 300 euro charges per month. The room is located in
Jan-Pieter Minckelersstraat 22, 3000 Leuven, Belgium (see the map). Now I am the winner!!!
I also met one Bangladesh guy; his name is Ahsan Adib Murao. He said to me with loudly and angrily word that "it is the worse experience I ever met in my life, I thought life in Europe is nice, civilize and standardize but that is not at all for international students". As I was also walk along with him to find a room; I said to agree with him. However, I do not really want to point finger to other but myself. Because we try to compare room to room, we loose a lot of good chance. As such, I would recommend all international students who would move to live in another country that it would be nice if they can have one buddy their early before they entry into those countries. Buddy could give a lot of good and true information about housing as well as how to adaptedly live in foreign countries.
I have some photos and videos to show how I was looking for a room. Let's have a look at the below photos and videos:
 |
| The first house I am interested in with only 264 euro but taken by other as I need time to think |
 |
| My next day of chasing a room |
 |
| Looking around from house to house, street to street and city to city |
 |
| Housing service providing very warm service but cannot help much |
 |
Don't forget when you see this poster meaning they have rooms for renting
|
 |
| Beside finding a room, I also had a look at Faculty of SSIR |
|
|
Taking BUS600 to Heverlee City seeking a room
Waiting BUD600 @busstation
0 comments: